Friday, February 5, 2016

Treat yourself to some Therapy.

I did.
& i ain't crazy either.

Dear Sisters,

Too many of us are walking around wearing a mask. We don't give ourselves permission to be human  and we don't think that we can be "Strong" and vulnerable. But we can. We have the right to not have it together ALL THE TIME.  Gurl, give yourself a break. The more you do that, the less likely you'll be breaking down or going off!

Why are you carrying all of that shit? You don't have to. Yes, prayer helps. Going to church on Sunday helps, but you don't have to suffer Monday-Saturday unless you want to. I have come to the conclusion that so many of us are addicted to the pain. We crave the drama and negativity because it's been a guest in our homes & communities for a very long time.

Grief is another beast. When you lose someone close to you, it's perfectly normal to feel all of your losses and traumas at once.  I recently loss my grandmother and it has triggered a flood of emotions.

Now I am someone who usually "has it together." I am often giving advice and 'inspiring folks' with feel good speeches and my usual and sincere optimism. But there are days where my human self shows out! In the midst of my wonderful life, I sometimes feel overwhelmed, sad, frustrated, irritable, defeated, confused, and HANGRY :)

Fortunately, I know how to call on Jesus and/or go on youtube and play anything by The Clark Sisters.  I also know how to call on my ancestors and a good therapist. It's part of my self care.  It is just as important as going to the spa. Do your research. Find a licensed professional that you can vibe and be honest with. But know that just like going to a beauty shop, you can't sit in everybody's chair.

Keep doing your inner work sis. Trust that this too shall pass (for real) & remember that it really doesn't have to be so hard.

I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment